Paper Trades Report for Sep 06. 2018
ISRG and ILMN Call Trades (Overnight positions)
When market opened, both ILMN and ISRG gapped up. Since we had ovenight paper positions, as accumulated gain was greater than 20% postions were closed out. After that there were no opening trade signals. At one point it looked like System would trigger BUY signal for SHW. But it did not.
GOOGL Call Trade
GOOGL Call position will expire worthless with high probability.
Our trading rules for short term trades using ATM options are as follows:
- Be very conservative to open an options position.
- Once a position is opened, be very aggressive to close open position to avoid value erosion due to theta decay or Implied Volatility (IV) collapse.
- Position close signal gets generated based on following criteria:
- Day’s high price is hit OR
- When accumulated profit is > 20% OR
- End of the day OR
- If held overnight Followng day high Irrespective of gain/loss